Arsenal chiefs green light stunning £50m+ January deal

Arsenal are ready to back manager Mikel Arteta to the hilt in the January transfer window, sources have told Football Insider.

It is believed club chiefs are ready to spend up to £50million on a single player to boost the team’s title challenge.

Central midfielder is a priority for Arteta and Arsenal amid Thomas Partey‘s continuing battles with injury and doubts over his long-term future at the Emirates Stadium.

Arsenal

The Gunners’ board, led by Stan and Josh Kroenke, are willing to provide the funds to further back Arteta with a stunning January deal despite spending big in the most recent summer window.

Declan Rice joined the Londoners in a club-record deal, while Kai Havertz and Jurrien Timber also arrived for big money.

David Raya also arrived on an initial loan, which is expected to be converted into a permanent move in time for the start of the 2024-25 campaign.

Arsenal have been keen to bring in a new defensive midfielder amid doubts over the long-term future of Partey – as well as Jorginho and Mohamed Elneny, who are both out of contract at the end of the season.

Douglas Luiz of Aston Villa and Real Sociedad’s Martin Zubimendi have been widely linked with potential moves to the Emirates Stadium in recent months.

Football Insider revealed last week (11 November) that both players are rated highly at the Emirates Stadium and have been on Arteta’s list of targets for 18 months.

Questions have also been asked of Arsenal’s strikeforce, with Havertz, Eddie Nketiah or Gabriel Jesus yet to contribute a steady stream of goals this season.

Aston Villa

Nonetheless, Arteta’s side sit third in the Premier League and are just one point adrift of leaders Man City after 12 games.

They are next in action against Brentford on 25 November.

Related Posts

I only joined Liverpool because Manchester United didn’t want me

Paul Ince recently reflected on his career, which included time at both Liverpool and Manchester United

£75m Tottenham Hotspur target is now open to re-joining Chelsea

Crystal Palace defender Marc Guehi is understood to be open to rejoining Chelsea next summer amid interest from Tottenham Hotspur.

Liverpool’s senior players say £20m teammate is the hardest person to tackle in training

According to Liverpool’s senior players, the midfielder is the most difficult person to get the ball off in training

Man City and the Premier League agree date for trial

EXCLUSIVE BY MIKE KEEGAN: The top-flight charged its champions with 115 alleged breaches of financial regulations in February after opening an investigation in 2018.

Gabriel Jesus says he absolutely adores Arsenal player

‘In love with him’

Everything spotted in Chelsea training with new Silva role and Pochettino move

Chelsea news as the Blues are put through their paces ahead of hosting Brighton in a crunch match against Brighton on Saturday

Trả lời

Email của bạn sẽ không được hiển thị công khai. Các trường bắt buộc được đánh dấu *